Monday, May 9, 2011

A letter to my baby on his birthday.

Dear my sweet little birthday boy,
Today, you turned 5. If one day you are reading this and think "so what?" You should know, that this birthday hit me good and hard. When I first looked at you this morning, it hit me that you are no longer my baby. You don't like me kissing you in public, and soon I know you will start to think I am embarrassing. I just want you to know, that in this very moment of your life, I couldn't love you more. I watch you sometimes, just in awe of how smart and handsome you are. Your a little sponge that soaks up everything.
People always say, be a parent, not a friend. I am not sure how that is done, because in you, I see my best friend. You are the sweetest soul I have ever encountered, & I love to be around you every minute of the day. I love to tell you secrets, tickle you and just love you.
I took the day off work, and spent it doing everything you wanted. We had a picnic at the park, you ate a peanut butter & chocolate chip sandwich for lunch, and pancakes for dinner.
Your birthday wish was to fly with dragons.
I think if you read this one day, you will love to hear a few things you like to do/say.
You always call me "babysitter". It's a weird little thing. You will out of the blue say "babysitter! babysitter! " Followed by your infectious laugh.
If I am not wearing a dress, you tell me "those clothes are boring". I love wearing dresses so, that doesn't happen often :)
You love swords and guns. You insist on chasing Sophia around the house scaring her. You think it' s hilarious. I think it's loud, but when you laugh, I don't really care why. I just love to hear your smile.
Right now, even today, you have told me multiple times that "you are the best mommy." & I hope that feeling never changes. I know that one day, you are going to make a wonderful man, husband, and father. I just hope that you always see me as a mother who gave you everything she could. Everything she had. A mommy who would do anything to see you smile, anything to see you happy.
I love you so very much baby ♥
always,
your momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment